Dead Pool Rules and Regulations
- Drafters will be referred to as "players"
- Draftees will be referred to as "contestants"
- The Dead Pool can be referred to as The Game, The Pool, The Tournament or TDP. It may not be referred to as Dollars for Death or Cash for Killing.
- The person in charge will be known as "Commish-ner." The Commish-ner's decisions are appealable only to the Panel of Death. The Commish-ner is basically a spokesperson for The Panel of Death.
- The Panel of Death is appointed by the Commish-ner. Most of the time the Panel consists of Political allies of the Commish-ner. It exists to verify draft picks, rule on appeals and generally keep things moving along.
- The Panel has supreme, unlimited and final power in all matters concerning all aspects of the tournament.
- Players names will be put into a hat or someother device. The Commish-ner will draw from the hat(or whatever) to determine order of draft. The draft order will be reversed in all even numbered rounds.
- Each player will choose 5 contestants.
- Trading of draft choices and/or contestants is allowed
- Trades of future draft choices is allowed
*** NEW GUIDELINES *** Contestant Eligibility
- A contestant may be only picked once.
- The only limit on contestants is they must be alive at the time of picking
- Contestant picks will be held in abayance for the period of one week before they become "live"
- Players may not choose themselves.
- Contestants must be nationally recognized. Example: Your Uncle Joe doesn't count but Uncle Fester does.
- The Panel of Death has final say whether a contestant is acceptable. There is no appeal. You may however whine to your fellow players and attempt a coup of the Commish-ner. I can assure you that any attempt at a coup will be dealt with swiftly and harshly.
- Animals are not allowed to be chosen as contestants
- Animated characters are not allowed to be chosen as contestants
- Fictional characters are not allowed to be chosen as contestants (No picking Stefano DiMera)
*** NEW GUIDELINES *** Shucking
- A player may, at any time, shuck one on their current contestants and pick another. The new pick will be held in abayance for a period of one week before the pick becomes "live". During this week, the shucked pick will remain on the active roster
- Participation in the pool implies that the player will agree to pay the sum of $10 to the winner of the pool as determined by the Panel of Death.
- Enterance costs $10 per player and is payable to the first player to report the demise of one of his/her players to the commish-ner
- The entry fee will be doubled for a player winning with a contestant under the age of 40.
- The player is solely responsible for notifying the panel of a contestant in their group passing.
- If a winner is declared and a different contestant is found to have preceeded the winner's contestant into the afterworld, the first declared winner will be judged as winner. (This is known as the "You snooze, youlose" rule.) So watch those obits.
- Player who kill contestants on their list(or anybody else) will disqualified and possibly imprisoned.
- Rooting for people to die is considered bad form and, while not prohibited, is frowned upon.